30 December 2010

SILVER BIRDS


My red birds now have little silver friends and they look like they're chasing each other all over the Christmas tree. I managed to make two Christmas stockings,  Rudolph for my flatmate and Cats for Furgus.  Kirstie's Homemade Christmas  did make sewing a Christmas stocking look easy but I had to do some fiddling because I couldn't remember how to layer all the pieces so you only had to sew each stocking once. I made the lining a tiny bit smaller so it would fit inside. I used to work in wardrobe years ago and an older wardrobe Mistress told me it was bad luck to sew something perfectly you should always include a tiny mistake. So I never feel bad when my stitching is wobbly I'm just keeping an old tradition alive.

1 comment:

2paw said...

I love your special stockings!! I agree about nothing being perfect. I think the Amish deliberately make mistakes because they believe only their god can be prefect.
Great tree, your birdies all look very happy together!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.