22 November 2007

Japanese mulberry paper


Here are two little Japanese paper decorations, I found them at the craft fair in Deloraine. I wish I could have bought one of every type but I'm happy with just two.
I'M STUCK!!! I'm having trouble with the heel of my sock, it started fine then I got to this line of the pattern: TURN HEEL- 1st row- k13, k2tog, k1,Turn. I asked around and was told that it just meant turn as you're not knitting in a "round" any more, sounds simple but why then didn't the other rows of the heel say that???? By luck I've just found an old secondhand Patons yarn craft book and Turn means: Bring yarn to front of work, slip next stitch onto right hand needle, take yarn to back of work, slip stitch back onto left hand needle, then turn and proceed as given in instructions. This is so confusing!!!! is this called a wrap??? if it is why didn't they just say wrap???

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.