22 May 2011

GNOMUS MAXIMUS


My Gnomey Hat is finished and as you can see it's a little on the large size. The original pattern has a longer  piece at the back and ear flaps. I decided to simplify the pattern so it would be an easy first hat project, I carefully wrote out every row and measured exactly where to start the decreases. While I was knitting flatmate and I watched The Last Of The Mohican's so instead of stopping and measuring I just took a wildly incorrect  guess so we didn't have to have a break from the film. The band has stayed flat after blocking and the lopi-kid mohair mix (x1strand-lopi,x2strands-kid mohair) has made a soft, warm and thick fabric. I've offered to make the flatmate one in any colour of his choice but sadly he's declined. After digging around in my stash I found some lovely red mohair perfect for a second Gnomey the first swatch is off the needles I have about one more to go to get the gauge. 
The wonderful pattern used is the Gnomey Hat by Eskimimi Knits
Swedish Christmas decorations wearing little Gnomeys. 












2 comments:

Melinda said...

Hahaha, good one!

2paw said...

I feel like I'm in Charlotte's Web: Some Hat!!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.