30 April 2011

FELTED BOOTIES


The slipper booties are finished and they're warm and toasty. I gave them one hot wash but I think they could do with more felting.  There's still quite a bit of fluffiness and I would like them to be a little denser. The next item on my Winter list is a gnomey hat,  I'm still working out yarn combinations (from stash) to make the correct gauge.  I wonder how many sets of needles you need to have in your knitting kit so when you want to start a new project you don't need to go and buy more. The pattern has a gauge of 13 stitches  = 10cm  I'm knitting 16 stitches so it's either new needles or thicker yarn.  I thought one strand of Lopi plus two of mohair should  be about right and be super warm and soft.  I'm not sure if a black gnome hat would look like a gnome or a witch? red would be nice and is a traditional colour but it has to be from my ever growing stash.  So more digging around in plastic boxes and trying to remember what I actually have squirreled away.
Pattern link   Felted Slipper

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.