29 September 2009

BLACK COTTON CARDI

I've had to find a new pattern and yarn as the charcoal wool cardigan just wasn't working out. When I took what I'd knitted so far off the needles it seemed to be extremely long and stretchy. I could wrap it around my waist twice!!! and as I'm shaped like a large wombat I new something was wrong. So from the stash KATIA 10 ply bulky cotton-black, pattern DROPS 108-40 the test swatch matches exactly the yarn gauge and this time there will NOT be any changes to the pattern. I'm knitting one size larger as the cotton doesn't have a lot of give and I'm more of a cover up sort person. So far it's going smoothly but I've only knitted three rows.

1 comment:

2paw said...

That's very nice, good luck with the tension. I am contemplating a new cardigan for Spring but I have no idea what to make yet!!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.