2 October 2008

FAIRY FLOSS WOOL

This is my second lot of carded wool ready for spinning, it looks like fairy floss! I'm using a small cat brush with wire prongs I think it's called a flick brush. So far it's been easier to work with small pieces I seem to loose less wool this way and have more control. At first I found the wool sticky to spin but then I realised I had been trying to spin some of it backwards, so now all the wool is going in the same direction it should be easier to spin. The wool hardly smells at all and lanolin has made my hands nice and soft I just need to get a large amount ready so I can get stuck in and learn to spin.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.