28 February 2011

PINKEYE POTATOES

I've had mixed results so far with the vegetable garden but just look at the lovely  pinkeye potatoes. I might be the only person who can not grow a pumpkin or a yellow zucchini or even the most easy of all vegetables, Blackjack zucchini (for the whole season I have only managed three full sized).  I can now say I grow my own pinkeye's so all is not lost after all. I gently cooked them in water without salt, then tossed them in some butter, snipped chives, a small amount of chopped mint and freshly ground black pepper, totally yum.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Yum!

2paw said...

Yes, yum proper pink eyes. The ones we get up here are not proper pink eyes. They have pink on them, but yours look perfect!!!
I like them with just butter and salt and pepper. I can eat a bowl full.

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.