14 June 2009

SLIPPER BOOT UPDATE

The Aunt Alm Dorm Boots originally had two rows of purl in between the shaping rows of knit (k-p-p-k) if that makes sense, the outer (k) rows are the decreasing rows. I changed the purl to knit, it looks much neater. There was also a rib cuff that I've deleted, I'm sewing the two layers together and I'd like them to come just over the ankle so there's no need for it . I've struck a bit of a problem with the inner boots. The wool I'm using for them isn't as stiff as the carpet wool they're the same size and shape as the outer boots but when I joined the sole seam the shape changed and the seam doesn't fit well. So they've been frogged! and I'll try knitting them using a Turkish cast on.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.