24 September 2008

SPINNING WHEEL

This is my new second hand spinning wheel (photo by wooltassie/ebay) it's an Ashford Traditional I'm not sure how old it is, the price was $180.00 I'm hoping to pick up on Thursday/Friday this week. How to learn to spin? I've found there's a Hand Weavers Spinners and Dyers Guild of Tasmania inc. I'll start there first and they have all sorts of things to rent and buy as well as workshops. My knitting has been very SLOW lately, I've been to tired to concentrate I'm only half way through mohair throw for mum. Is it going to be cheaper to dye and spin my own yarn? that's the excuse I've used, I can't wait to start!!!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work by wattlebirdies is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.